Jessica Patterson Law & Consultancy Pty Ltd (JPLC) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
JPLC will collect and hold personal information that is necessary for it to comply with legal obligations, provide its services and develop and promote its business.
Personal information of yours may be used by JPLC for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for other purposes which are reasonably expected and related to the primary purpose and in any other circumstance authorised by the Privacy Act or required under other laws. Generally and in most cases, the information will be used for the following purposes:
- to conduct the services for which JPLC is engaged, including communicating with you, government authorities, other lawyers and other relevant parties;
- to manage, improve, promote and market JPLC;
- to deal with people and businesses that JPLC is reasonably expected to deal with; and
- any other reasonable purpose related to anything set out in this policy.
The types of personal information that may be collected and held include the following:
- addresses (postal, street and email, both current and former);
- telephone and fax numbers;
- birth dates and places;
- gender information and marital status;
- criminal records;
- legal circumstances; and
- any other information provided to JPLC.
Such information may be collected through:
- engaging JPLC for its services;
- using this website;
- providing services to JPLC;
- entering into another form of contract with JPLC such as for employment;
- publications by JPLC; or
- otherwise dealing with JPLC directly, or indirectly such as through a third party referral source.
JPLC may collect and hold information regarding:
- clients, potential clients, business associates, suppliers/service providers and their employees;
- JPLC employees, contractors and prospective employees; and
- other people with whom JPLC has dealings.
If you provide information to JPLC regarding a third party, such as a business partner or fellow director, you must ensure that the information is correct and that you have the authority to provide the information. JPLC may assume that you have that authority.
JPLC may use your email address to send you information produced by JPLC, or to ask you questions, not necessarily directly relevant to your primary dealings with JPLC. You can unsubscribe from such emails at any time. You can also tell JPLC that you prefer not to receive this information.
All personal information is treated as strictly confidential. The Privacy Act requires JPLC to take reasonable steps to protect the security of all personal information.
JPLC will take reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse or loss and from unauthorised handling of the information.
Requests for access to your personal information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact JPLC.
JPLC is not responsible for any problems that may arise if you do not provide accurate, truthful or complete information, or if you fail to update such information.